Friday, July 30, 2010

Pariguayo

I wrote this poem for those of us who stare at our cigarettes smoke themselves;
This is for the dreamers.
For those of us who run with our eyes closed,
without fear of regret.
Be mesmerized by the swirling clouds of smoke,
but don't burn away with your cigarettes.

I wrote this poem for those who lock themselves with planted feet behind open doors;
For those who clip their wings,
before the fat lady sings.
Spread them wide!
You have to take a few steps,
before you can fly.

For those, who don't smile whole heartedly,
because they're scared to show the gaps between their teeth.
Stretch you lips!
Wide - from one side, to the other,
know your smile's worth.
Like the rays from the sun, hurrying each morning to touch the earth.
Your smile too can provide warmth.

I sat alone in a hotel,
as I attempted to write this poem.
Nothing in my head, but a self conflicting brain,
that's half analytical, half emotional, and certainly insane,
And at the time empty.
Desolate, like Wyoming.
My mind, addicted to roaming,
afflicted by the stoning of dreams before they start
and ideas left in the dark, for no one to see.
Time rusts and rots - don't let your fruits get sour.
I wrote this for the cowards,
being devoured by the guilt of not doing what's right,
every passing hour.

I wrote this for you.
Cowards and dreamers, be do'ers.
Rise yourself up from the sewers,
and begin to liven your canvass.
Life is a garden, and you're a gardener.
We're all architects.
Build a dome to the metronome of your heart beat,
seek your will and shake it where it sleeps.
Mold your goals into soaring steel structures,
keep working until they reach the skies,
and tickle god's feet.

I wrote this for me,
and my poems. Those streams of consciousness and color.
Aching to acquire my dreams a word at a time.
This is for the rhymes, that orgasm along with my ears,
and this is also for my fears.
For the courage that walked me to this stage,
on which my stomach cramped and my vision swayed.
For the courage that walked me to this stage,
on which my agitated insides started to scream;
No matter how far, you're only steps away from your dreams.

No comments: