Sunday, December 14, 2008

My pride

See, it's not that I don't want you.
It's that I can't handle you, you're heavy,
you make my legs quiver, and my being shiver.

I can try to play you as if you were my guitar,
but I can never seem to find the tuning that'll make you shine.
So when I strum you you scream, when I pluck you I dream
and in between silver milky clouds I lose your key.

I can try to keep you, but what for... you're just too heavy.
So heavy you make my legs quiver, my being shiver, and my pride- my pride slither-down, down, down a cotton filled hole.

You're so heavy my legs quiver, but it keeps you interested don't it?
Up top in control, like the puppet master of my soul,
you don't have to squeeze me do ya mama?
Do ya?

You know I'll be back tomorrow, for you to make my legs quiver,
my being shiver, and my pride slither down deep - down - deep - deep and down.
Yea right there...

Maybe if I played you like a bass we'd get you there,
I can stand there - mess with your low end.
Slap you yea' slap you right there, where?
Tell me again...

I'd strap you right over my shoulder girl but you're heavy, so heavy.
Hard to handle, vividly intoxicating, you're poison and a remedy,
a beat and a melody, to your tune my legs quiver, my being shivers, and my pride
my pride keeps growing.

No comments: